Ecovision World Monograph Series
The Ecovision World Monograph Series was launched to focus on the paradigm of life on our ever-changing planet and its sustainability under the impact of physical, chemical, biological, and human influences. It covers detailed and comprehensive treatments of various topics, subjects and ecosystems. The Ecovision Series is dedicated to integrated and ecosystemic research merging the high quality of a journal with the comprehensive approach of a book.
- Ecovision Series will publish peer-reviewed groups of original papers in a book form on specific topics, themes, issues, subjects, concepts, or ecosystems.
- It promotes an ecosystemic, multi-disciplinary, multi-trophic, and integrated approach.
- The Series focuses on the integrity, health, restoration, remediation, and management of stressed ecosystems.
- It encourages publications dealing with the effects of environmental perturbations on ecosystem health at the structural, functional, and ultra-structural levels.
- It publishes material dealing with the integrated assessment of environmental issues, involving interactions between air, water, land and human health.
- The Series fosters trans-disciplinary and cross-sectoral linkages between the environment and ecological, socio-economic, political, ethical, legal, cultural, and management considerations.
Themes and topics
- "State of the environment" publications focusing on countries, habitats and emerging problems and their management
- Comparison and management of large ecosystems, such as Great Lakes of the world (GLOW) and marine ecosystems with emphasis on food web dynamics
- Ecosystem health of stressed habitats such as harbours and embayments
- Effects of pollutants of global interest, such as metals, organic contaminants, and petroleum hydrocarbons
- Effects of large-scale practices, such as the damming and diversion of rivers, and deforestation
- Sampling, monitoring, analytical, bioassay, and other assessment techniques, including statistical and modelling approaches
- Ecotechnologies designed for the recovery, restoration, rehabilitation, and integrated management of perturbed ecosystems. Also those designed for the "reclamation" of poorly-utilized areas such as deserts
- Integrated toxicology
- Risk assessment and ecosystem modelling
- Sedimentary Quality Assessment
- Invasion of exotic species and management