Online Bookshop Terms & ConditionsYour order is subject to the following terms and conditions (unless you have made special arrangements directly with us). These may change from time to time.
1.Your orderYou may place your order by email, FAX (use order forms that you can display on print on any publication page), by phone or use our online shop to place an order.
We will do our best to fulfil any order but cannot guarantee fulfilment. We aim to ship same day we receive your payment for your order. No order is accepted by us unless and until confirmed (either by invoice accompanying the goods delivered, email or otherwise).
2. PricesThe prices shown on our web site are list prices and subject to change without notice. We do ship free of charge (by sea/surface mail) if the order amount exceeds 20 EUR (equivalent to US$30). Shipping by air mail is optionally possible at a charge. In cases where there is a charge for postage, the amount is indicated in step (4) of the online shop checkout process. Postage is indicated separately on the paper invoice that accompanies the shipment.
3. PaymentWe do accept payment by cheque, bank transfer and credit card (Visa and Mastercharge). Credit/charge card payments are subject to authorisation by the card issuer, which is carried out transparently in the last step of checkout (when you are asked to enter your credit card details). If your payment is not authorised, your order cannot be placed. Any goods you may have received will remain Schweizerbart's property until you have paid for them in full.
4. Title and RiskIf your order is for delivery outside Germany, you are solely responsible for the goods from the time they leave our premises and for the importation of those goods into the country of delivery (including arranging for any necessary legal consents and payment of duties or taxes), and we cannot accept responsibility for any claims arising from such importation.
5. Paperback and Hardback versions of booksSchweizerbart Science Publishers reserves the right to provide a paperback version where hardback is no longer available, at the respective price.
6. ReturnsIf you return a publication as a result of Schweizerbart's error (including faulty or damaged goods), Schweizerbart will exchange the item and refund the postage (where applicable). Please enclose either (i) a copy of the paper invoice enclosed with the delivery, or (ii) a print of the online digital receipt. The package should be securely wrapped and sent to:
Schweizerbart Science Publishers
We cannot take responsibility for any damage or loss in transit and recommend that you use a recorded delivery service. In the case of digital or electronic product, please contact us as directed below, again within 30 days, and, at your option, we will either provide a replacement or issue a full refund.
While we do our best to describe our publications as accurately as we can, we do not make any representation or give any warranty or undertaking as to the quality of the goods, their correspondence with description or fitness for purpose, or that the goods are not defamatory, injurious, obscene or unlawful, or that any trade marks or copyright used on or in connection with the goods do not infringe any intellectual property rights not owned by us.
In the case of software or other downloadable electronic product, we do not make any representation or give any warranty or undertaking that the functions of such product meet your requirements or that the media is compatible with any computer system on which it is used or that the operation of the software will be unlimited or error-free. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the installation of such product. You assume responsibility for selecting the product to achieve your intended results and for the installation, use of and results obtained from that product.
As far as is permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions or other terms are hereby excluded. We shall not in any circumstances be liable for any special, indirect, consequential or economic loss (including but not limited to loss of profits, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings) howsoever caused.
You are not permitted to remove or amend any trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notice on any of our products. You acknowledge that all rights in and to any and all copyrights, know how and other intellectual property rights relating to our products are and shall remain our property. You will not at any time do, or cause to be done, any act or thing which impairs or infringes those rights.
These terms and conditions and all contracts under these terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Germany and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the German courts.
We reserve the right to terminate any contract formed under these terms and conditions immediately by written notice and to take action to recover damages suffered by us if you breach any of these provisions.
8. Contacting SchweizerbartIf you wish to contact us (other than for returning goods, in which case you should use the address above), our address is E. Schweizerbart Science Publishers, Johannesstrasse 3A, 70176 Stuttgart, Germany or you may call us at ++49-711-351456-0 during business hours. Our website is at www.schweizerbart.com, our e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our VAT Number is DE147636023