Instructions to authors
Call for paperAuthors are invited to submit their original papers or short notes to the editors.
Submission and review (online)All manuscripts have to be submitted online and will be reviewed based on the River Systems Online Review System. This procedure strongly simplifies the review process, accelerates communication, and enables authors, editors and reviewer to maintain an excellent overview about the status of all review processes.
Types of articles
- Standard research articles including manuscripts about the implementation and evaluation of research application
- Review articles on selected topics
- An opinion section with shorter articles will be developed in near future.
- Special issues on different large river systems presenting the diversity of large river systems. These issues will not appear on a regular basis.
Optional Open Access (NEW)
Authors of River Systems now have the choice to have their papers made freely available to the public (Optional Open Access). To publish a paper under the Schweizerbart Optional Open Access model (OOA), the following guidelines apply:
- Authors must inform publisher's production department or the editor-in-chief of their decision to publish their paper under the Optional Open Access model on submission of the final version to the publisher at the latest
- Paper reprints are only available at cost price. PDF files of the paper are available for download at: dx.doi.org/doi-of-your-paper
- Optional Open Access charge: Minimum charge for a paper of up to and including 6 (six) printed pages is 995 EUR (all applicable taxes included). Additional pages are charged at EUR 166 per page (all applicable taxes included). If the wish to participate in OOA is communicated late, that is after the production process has started, an additional service charge of € 20.– per printed page is levied.
- No further page charges apply for papers with black-and-white pages only. The publication of color pages carries the usual surcharge.
- Authors will receive an invoice for the OAA charges for payment, indicating the DOI of their paper. After receipt of payment, all access restrictions will immediately be lifted and the author will be notified by email. The DOI is fully citable and the paper will be accessible for everybody to read.